We are so excited to feature Courtney Whitmore from one of our favorite brands, Pizzazzerie! Courtney grew up in the south and attended college in Nashville, Tennessee. After obtaining both a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree, Courtney began a full time job as a career counselor. She always had a passion for Southern foods, modern twists, and tablescapes with ‘pizzazz’, so she left her job to launch Pizzazzerie in 2010 with the goal of sharing her passion for parties and good food with others.
Pizzazzerie has been a huge success; Courtney is a best-selling author of 5 entertaining cookbooks, and she shares entertaining and food styling on a daily basis! She also has two daughters, and two dogs. When her girls aren’t having a tea party with mom, they enjoy golfing with dad!
Courtney's Top 3 Favorite Details of Blakely’s 1st Birthday
- I love adding personal family touches to every occasion, so instead of place cards for her birthday lunch, we framed photos of everyone from their own 1st birthdays. It was so neat to see everyone’s sweet baby photos.
- The Lattice Garden Centerpieces. I knew I wanted a garden feel to the tablescape to match the setting of the party (my mom’s garden) so we made our own white lattice-style centerpieces filled with white and pink blooms.
- The pink and white pom-pom trim monogrammed napkins are a favorite of mine. I love that we pull them out to use each year to celebrate her birthday and she can have them when she grows up!
3 Tips to Planning a Successful Event From Courtney
- Plan Your Menu in Advance (Semi-Homemade Style): Just because you can make every single item from scratch doesn’t mean you should. Pick a few signature items to make homemade and grab a few store-bought favorites to help ease the to-do list (mini yeast rolls with ham or a simple white bakery cake to be decorated at home fresh fruit and coordinating florals)
- Always add a personal touch: Whether it be something similar to the framed photos as place cards (this idea is perfect for bridal showers and baby showers too), I always like to find a way to add a personal element to every party!
- Send guests home with a “happy”: While not every single occasion warrants a favor, I do like to incorporate a little happy, if possible. It might be as simple as chocolates at each place setting, the little photo place card frame, or even your famous punch recipe printed on cocktail napkins so guests can grab one to take and make at home! It’s the little things!
Thanks for reading, we are so excited you are here! Stay tuned for more blog posts, inspiration, and guest appearances! If you have any topics or people you'd like to see featured on the blog, email email@example.com!